Pages

Sunday 30 May 2021

Jonah Sailing Trip Recount

In week 2 Twp 4 and 8 went on a trip to sailing, at Okahu bay, the people that paid for our sailing trip was St. Johns Rotary and the people that helped us to sail was Kim, Holly and Robbie. The first thing we had to do when we got there was build the sailing boat so we got split into groups of three, the people in my group were Lisiate and Aston.

When we were building the boat it was hard but another group already built their boat so my teacher (Mrs. Knees) said that we could copy them, but then another group came up to us because they wanted help so Lisiate went to help them.

After we made the boats the Year 5's went to get safety stuff like life jackets if we fell off the boat, so we got changed and we could go into the boats and then I had to pick a partner (Vili).

When Vili I couldn't so we dragged our boat back to Kim so he could help us and he did, when me and Vili got into the boat Kim told us to circle around some red balloons and we did.

The first time that we circled around the red balloon I touched it and picked it up, when I picked it up it felt heavy but there were two balloons, so went around both of them but we had to get out a little bit after and I was sad but then we went to the beach next to the sea some of the boys built a damn but it got destroyed and then we went back to school but here are some photos from our sailing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment